Have you ever wondered what to do with those crazy variegated skeins of yarn that we all have? This shawl is the answer! Pair a bright speckled, or variegated, yarn with a coordinating neutral solid or semi-solid for the perfect accessory that has just the right amount of sophistication and fun! This two session class will begin with the top-down construction of a triangular striped shawl and finish with the lace section, reviewing how to read charts (don't worry, there will be written instructions as well) and how the charts relate to your knitting.
DATES: Saturdays, October 24, 2015 and November 7, 2015
- Tab cast on
- Carrying yarn for stripes
- Directional increases and decreases
- Lace charts
- 2 skeins of worsted weight yarn, 1 speckled, or variegated, and 1 coordinating solid, or semi-solid
- US#8 (5.00mm) 32" circular needle
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Bring your yarn caked and ready to go!