Dates: 3 sessions - 2, three hour classes; and the last class meets for one hour.
- January 16 and 23 from 1 - 4pm and January 31 from 1 - 2pm
In this three session class you will learn all the basics of knitting and how to read a pattern by creating a scarf. The class walks you through casting on, the knit stitch, purl stitch, differences between garter and stockinette, decreasing and increasing, and how to recognize a knit vs a purl stitch.
Skills Needed: Desire to knit!
- knitted cast on
- knit stitch
- purl stitch
- binding off
- some finishing techniques like how to make fringe
- 220 yards of light colored worsted weight yarn, preferably a natural fiber or blend, such as Berroco Vintage, Cascade 220, Cascade 220 Superwash
- US #8 (5.0mm) straight needles or 24-32" circular needle for knitting flat
- Darning needle
- Please come to shop with your yarn wound and needles purchased, ready to learn!