Aidez - An Open-Front Aran Inspired Cardigan
Aidez is a cozy open-front cardigan with an updated take on the tradional Aran sweater. Knit in a bulky yarn, this seamed cardigan works up quickly- even with several different textures and cables. Designed by Cirilia Rose, Aidez is a feminine cardigan with shaping so although it is oversized, it looks comfy and cozy, not sloppy, and is the perfect updated grandpa cardigan for chilly days.
Dates: 3 sessions, November 5, 19, and December 10, from 10am - 1:30pm.
- Knit/purl in the round
- Pattern is both charted and written
- Comfortable with increases and decreases
- Cabling without a cable needle
- Elongated twisted stitches
- How to keep track of multiple cables in one piece
- Bulky yarn
- US #10.5 (6.5mm) 32" circulars
- Print a copy of Aidez, a free Berroco Pattern
- Darning Needle
- Waste Yarn
- Stitch Markers
- Please take the time to check your gauge ahead of time - come in and we will help you measure your swatch. Swatching is super important when it comes to garments; ask Liz how she knows firsthand. Otherwise bring your yarn caked and ready to go!
- Gauge is 15sts x 16 rows = 4" x 4" square in stockinette stitch.