Dates: 2 sessions, June 11 and 18th, 12:30 - 4pm.
Simple colorwork fingerless mitts inspired by traditional Norwegian patterns. These cute stranded mitts have a turned hem at both the wrist and fingers, making them incredibly wearable. The XOXOX patterning is symmetrical on both wrists. Join us for this chance to practice your fair isle skills with these sweet mitts that are perfect for a gift or a gift to yourself!
· Knit/purl in the round
· Pattern for colorwork is charted
· Comfortable with increases
· Turned hems
· Grafting live stitches
· Provisional cast on
· Directional increases
· Reading charts
· Backwards loop cast on for thumb
· 2 skeins of DK weight yarn: we used Sueno in two contrasting colors.
· US#1.5 (2.5mm) dpns or 32" circular needle for preferred method of knitting small circumferences in the round
· US#2 (2.75mm) dpns or 32" circular needle for preferred method of knitting small circumference in the round
· Tapestry needle
· Stitch markers
· Bring your yarn caked and ready to go!
*Picture from Knittingfan's project on Ravelry www.ravelry.com/projects/knittingfan/lusekofte-sque-mitts-2