Learn to Knit: Garter Ridge Scarf
In this three session class you will learn all the basics of knitting and how to read a pattern by creating a scarf. The class walks you through casting on, the knit stitch, purl stitch, differences between garter and stockinette, decreasing and increasing, and how to recognize a knit vs a purl stitch.
Dates: 3 sessions - 3, two hour classes
· July 12, 19, and 26th from 6 - 8pm
Skills Needed: Desire to knit!
· knitted cast on
· knit stitch
· purl stitch
· binding off
· some finishing techniques like how to make fringe
· 220 yards of light colored worsted weight yarn, preferably a natural fiber or blend, such as Shepherd's Wool or Berroco Vintage
· US #8 (5.0mm) straight needles or 24-32" circular needle for knitting flat
· Darning needle
· Please come to shop with your yarn wound and needles purchased, ready to learn!