Zarena is a stunning hat with an unique play on a simple knit one, purl one rib through the addition of slipped stitch crossovers. The resultant fabric is nice and stretchy, and the pattern looks amazing in a variety of yarns - this would be perfect for that special tonal, heathered, or subtle handpainted dk yarn you have been saving!
Dates: 1 session, 8/4, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
· Slipped stitch crossovers
· Ability to knit and purl in the round, and decrease
· 250 yards DK weight yarn
· US#4 (3.5mm) 16" circular needle
· US#4 (3.5mm) dpns
· Stitch marker
· 2-Cable needles
· Tapestry needle
· Copy of Zarena by Katrin Schubert, available on Ravelry, or you can purchase it at the shop and have it emailed to you and linked to your Rav account.
· Cast on 120 stitches using your favorite stretchy cast on, place marker and join in the round, taking care not to twist stitches.
· Work 5 rounds in K1, P1 ribbing.