Adama: A Shawl – Cowl Hybrid
Love the look of semi-circular shawls but have issues styling them? Adama is your answer! Adama starts off as a semi-circular shawl which is then joined into the round to make for easy styling and high-wearability. It features rustic diamonds that are banded by garter and stockinette stitches and the lace is both charted and written – making this an ideal pattern for learning how to read lace charts. The hybrid shawl – cowl can be worn a little scrunched up like a shawl wrapped around your neck or it can be pulled over your shoulders more like a poncho – either way, it looks great!
Dates & Time:
January 28, 2017, noon – 4pm
· Ability to knit and purl in the round
· Simple Increases (knit in the front and back, kfb)
· Simple decreases (knit 2 together, k2tog)
· Garter tab cast-on
· Make 1 increases, m1
· More complex decreases
· Lace chart reading
· 300 yards of a worsted weight yarn, a semi-solid, tweedy, or tonal yarn would look the best
· US#9 – 24” circular needle
· Stitch markers
· Tapestry (darning) needle
· Waste yarn
· Copy of the Adama pattern by Hilary Smith Callis, available on Ravelry or in the shop!
· Come with your yarn wound, ready to begin!