Rose City Rollers - A Cuff-Down Shorty Sock
Hand knit socks are treats for your feet! These socks are fun and fast! Rose City Rollers are the perfect socks to show off that special handpainted yarn or wildly variegated skein you've fallen in love with but are not quite sure what to knit. This pair of anklets is knit from the cuff down, so it's another opportunity to learn a different method of sock construction.
Dates: 2 sessions, March 21 and 28, from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
· Ability to knit and purl in the round AND increasing and decreasing.
· Comfort in either magic loop, knitting with 2 circular needles, or using dpns for small circumference knitting in the round
· Heel flap and gusset
· how to turn the heel
· picking up stitches
· how to customize length of socks
· One skein of fingering weight yarn - such as Plymouth Happy Feet (200-350 yards)
· Either 2- US#1 (2.25mm) circulars or 1 very long US#1 circular for magic loop.
· Darning needle
· Cast on 56 (64, 72), join in the round. 1-1.5 inch stockinet (new even row or 17 rounds) using DPN or Magic Loop, or two circulars!